Thursday, April 23, 2009

Canada –Nigeria-Canada-USA-Canada : all in three weeks!

I have just walked in through the door following a three day trip to Dallas,TX. I am beginning to feel like Gulliver (as in Gulliver’s Travels) or Ajala ( as in Ajala whom the stories have it travelled all over the ‘world’)
For the past three weeks, I have virtually lived out of a suitcase and have gone from Canada to Nigeria (touching many cities as we went for my father-in-law’s funeral) back to Canada (resting for a couple of days) before jetting off to the States on Monday this week and returning to Canada this evening. In all of this, my kids have been very supportive and loving.
If you are wondering why I went to Dallas, I will tell you. It definitely was not a tea party. As a matter of fact, it was both obligatory and out of sibling love. My younger sister (I hope I have her permission to mention this) was to have a surgical procedure and as the head of our family in the Northern Hemisphere, I had to be with her as she was wheeled into the operating room. So to Dallas I went.The surgery went well and she has been discharged and is now recuperating at home. To God be the glory both for a successful surgery and for journey mercies. While she was in hospital, it was great to experience some outpouring of love from her friends and colleagues. At some point, her room did look like a flower shop. Her team from work was both interesting and intriguing. They were very expressive and to the point. Should I have been surprised? Perhaps not, knowing they were all recruiters and probing is part of how they make their money. I thank them ( forgive me if I omit or misspell some names - Gayle, Thyaniga, Kim, Phyllis) for taking the time to visit with my sis in hospital.
Before my Dallas trip, I had mentioned that Danju was preparing for his confirmation which comes up this Sunday and that a pre-confirmation rehearsal was scheduled for Saturday last week. It is with a great feeling of joy spiced with a tinge of humility that we went to the same suit store where ‘old ranger’ shops for his suits to get a pair of suits for Danju’s confirmation. My little guy is fast becoming a man! Soon we would be sharing many more items (he’s the second tallest in our nuclear family and his becoming the tallest is only a matter of time) and scheduling who drives what car.
This is a good part of the Diary of a Loving Daddy and I can only dream of many more good parts to be experienced as we journey through life.
It’s nice to be back and we shall keep the updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment