Friday, April 17, 2009

"The Bases are Loaded"

Yesterday was an odd day at the gym and left me wondering whether it was just a one off or is my biological clock begging for some attention.
I did my stretches as always and then set about working my triceps with the cable pull downs as a first program. Funnily I was out of sorts and could only pull a fraction of my usual limit. I waved it off and tried again. Same result! Finito! I was done. I went home wondering whether the time has finally come to slow down or what. Those who know me know that I love to hit the gym. It is like an addiction. So I was not a happy camper yesterday. I went home and resolved to go back today and see what happens.
Relief relief. I went back to the gym today and it was a whole new ball game. Was in my usual elements and hit the weights hard. I feel much better.
I got a request yesterday from my realtors for a market review meeting and today we met. Our discussion ranged from the mundane to the sublime covering such areas as recent real estate market movements, competitive action ( of other similar homes being listed in Oakville), how to pre-empt competitive action etc. We talked about SunTzu’s – “the art of war” and also of Buy-Ology by Martin Lindstrom (not sure if I got the spelling right.) Now you are wondering where all this is leading to? Is it not just selling of a home? It is all of that and more. When you consider that a home is perhaps the biggest single ticket item most households ever get to buy, then you can excuse all the energy (both mental and physical ) going into this decision. Finally after going back and forth a few times, we reached an agreement for a minor (is 5% really minor when the base figure is in six digits?) downward price adjustment. In simple language, we just cut our price by 5%!
By the time this meeting was over, I was running late to get home and fix lunch for Sampi and Papa. What a shame! I put a metal to the pedal and was home in a heart bit. Despite all my best efforts, I arrived four minutes after Sampi had left for her baby sitting job. I owe her one now.
Sampi and I have just returned from grocery shopping and by the way she and I had a lengthy daddy/daughter chat in the car because of a party invite she came to seek permission for. Teenagers! Teenagers! If only they could see as a far as some parents can. The good thing is that we both agreed at the end why this was one party to miss.
Danju has his confirmation rehearsal tomorrow and Papa also has his football practice tomorrow as well, both events taking place at opposite ends of the Halton Region. To avoid cutting it close, we had to do an inventory this night to be sure nothing fell through the cracks. This included getting Papa’s football helmet adjusted and his new mouth guard to fit his teeth. We also took care of what healthy snacks to take with us and what waste-free lunch to prepare.
The above done, it was time to pray and persuade the children to get some sleep instead of watching TV or playing nintendo Wii or Xbox 360. Not an easy persuasion if you have kids of their ages. Since Sampi will be home tomorrow while I’m out with the boys for the two events mentioned earlier, the lot of spring cleaning the basement fell on her.
The boys and I will pitch in and also clean the garage on our return.
It’s a loaded calendar as you can see, so I need to go catch some rest too and dear Diary will be back tomorrow. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment