Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Roller Coaster

Phew! It's been a few days of some highs and lows. My father-in-law was called to eternal glory in the early hours of Monday March 9. He had not been feeling very well for some time but it was not such to give us any hint that he was coming to the end of his earthly sojourn. We are all still shell shocked by the suddenness of it all. It's now the time to give him a deserving 'exit party' once the contending village issues are dealt with. My poor spouse (his first daughter) -is holding up as well as someone who just lost a dear parent can. May his soul rest in peace.

For some bit of cheery news. As I write, my daughter Sampi is on her way to Italy -Rome and Florence; aboard British Airways. She is part of a school contingent on a nine-day excursion to Europe. Even though I dropped her off at the airport only a couple of hours ago, I already do miss her a lot. My poor baby. She is all so 'growed up' as Rugrats would say.
So it's just the boys and I are at home for the next week and a half until Sampi comes back.
The evening ended with the 'Parents Night' for the 2009 Oakville Minor Football League at the Oakville Townhall. Danju had chosen to concentrate on basketball at this time so it would be Papa alone playing football this year.
We already had the initial 'Combine' on March 1 led by an ex-NFLer who is currently a DB for Montreal Allouettes asssited by another CFL player from the Eskimos.
It looks like it will be fun for the kids this season. Papa says he is all pumped for it. Well, after being timed at 5.75seconds over 40 yards for an 11year old kid, I am tempted not to argue with him. In his rookie year two years ago, he was an Offensive MVP for Etobicoke Eagles Tyke team having played as a Running Back.
I have to go now so I can get things ready for school tomorrow for the boys. Usually, Sampi would have assisted me but for the next couple of days, I'd be on my own. Thank goodness March break begins on Monday.
See you around.

No comments:

Post a Comment