Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Today is special (well shouldn't every day be special if you really think of it) it is Mother’s Day in North America and so the diary sends felicitations to all Females - mothers, yet to be mothers, those who are unable to be mothers (for whatever reasons) and also to those who have decided not to be mothers. May the good Lord bless your every effort and meet you all at your various points of need.

My children and I have just finished saying our prayers for the night after what was largely a day we goofed around. Saturday was busy with two home showings (yes the showings continue as we look forward to a reasonable offer in the hope that the ultimate buyer will see as much value as we have extracted thus far living here). We also touched up a few areas to increase the curb appeal and exterior ambience.
Papa’s scrimmage was cancelled not because it rained but because the rains came with some lightening. Better to be safe than be sorry.
So we slept in until 9am on Sunday when Sampi who was billed to do a power point presentation at church left. The boys and I then went to pick up the mother’s day gift item we had worked on for Siya (who sadly will wait until she’s here next weekend to see it).
Our next port of call was Etobicoke to attend the Igbo Mass and the christening of my cousin’s grand kid.
We returned to Oakville after the Mass and it has been childlike fun all the way. Boy, I am loving it. Part of what we’ve had to do was sing the ‘Song of the South” – the Zippity Do Dah song.
Please don’t blame me if this is a song that you can’t relate to. For all who are baby boomers or within a shouting distance of the golden generation, I can understand your plight. I will attempt to post the lyrics below. For the younger ones among us or the young at heart, please clear your throats and sing along:

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay
My, oh my, what a wonderful day
Plenty of sunshine headin' my way
Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay

Mister Bluebird's on my shoulder
It's the truth, it's actual
Ev'rything is satisfactual
Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay
Wonderful feeling, wonderful day

Happy Mother’s day and have a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment